Operation and Maintenance
The most common causes of home fires in a golf cart community are golf cart chargers and improperly maintained batteries.
You should not leave your golf cart plugged into the charger for extended period of time without being monitored.
This circumstance happens more often, as the BATTERY overheats, combusts the golf cart ignites. Carts are made of primarily synthetics & plastics; the BTU output will quickly consume everything around it and lead to a fully involved structure fire.
Charge your batteries in a well-ventilated area. Club Car posts a warning:
If the vehicle is equipped with a weatherproof enclosure, it should be unzipped and pulled back while batteries are being charge.
Match the correct battery charger with the lead acid batteries.
Keep Your Batteries Watered!
Cart Safety Tips- https://golfcarts.org/category/consumers/howto/
USEPPA ISLAND FIRE RESCUE
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 640 bokeelia, Bokeelia, FL 33922, US
Copyright © 2022 Useppa ISLAND Fire Rescue - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy